As heart-centered, passion-based entrepreneurs and business owners, our life purpose, our soul purpose, is to be of service, to help make the world a better place in our own way.
That means we have to actually sell our products and services. No sale, no changing the world.
Frankly, my dear, most of us suck at selling.
First, you need an actual process. Yes, really, a sales process. You have to have a plan for having that initial conversation and understand how to lead them into saying Yes to your product or service. You need to follow up.
Secondly, you have to be able to read the person on the other end of the phone or Skype or across the table at Starbucks. What’s important to them? What do they value? Why do they say Yes to one thing and No to another?
But, instead, you just keep going on the gerbil wheel of going to more networking events, making calls, sending out emails, maybe even setting up 1:1s. All with the hope that if you do enough of all that, eventually, someone, somewhere, will say Yes.
See, you’ve bought into the myth that in order to get more Yeses, you have to get more No’s.
What if there were a way to get more Yeses? What if the key to getting more Yeses, more sales, more orders, more clients, was simply that more people said Yes?
One of the tools we use in our business is a values-based personality assessment to help determine what others want done unto them.
It’s a quick, 90-second assessment (which makes it different from most other personality assessments right there) that determines someone’s values.
Imagine… people communicate, act, connect, and relate… all based on their individual and unique value system.
From a sales perspective, that means a person makes buying decisions based on their personal values… and that is far different from someone else and their value system.
I’d like to introduce B.A.N.K.™ to you.
It’s a revolutionary, scientific system designed by Cheri Tree over 20 years ago in an attempt to figure out a science-based approach to increasing her sales and influence as a financial planner.
After having studied various personality typing programs intended to give her a better understanding of what makes people tick, Cheri realized that while interesting, none of the programs actually helped her make more money or close more sales. There was no way to determine what “type” her contacts were, not to mention how this affected their decision-making process.
The missing link was reverse engineering the concept of the four personality types in a way that specifically categorized people according to how they decide to say YES. This revolutionary breakthrough skyrocketed her income from $72,000 to over $500,000 in one year, and over $1,000,000 in 3 years (over a 1300% increase).
While B.A.N.K.™ was originally created from that sales perspective, we’ve found it invaluable in almost every facet of business and life:
- Communication – Imagine understanding how people view the world, and being able to speak to them in their language. Miscommunication and even dysfunctional communication decreases, and productivity and effectiveness increases.
- Relationships – How many relationships could be improved, simply by recognizing how others operate and what’s important to them? What if being different was valued? In fact, it can make life and relationships richer?
- Recruiting and Hiring – A prospective employee will be more productive and be a better fit for the company culture if there’s a match between the person’s career/position and his or her personality. Basically, when we hire people who are the right fit, they perform well, and they love their work.
- Managing and Leading – An effective manager or leader is one who effectively brings people together to work toward a common goal. If that manager or leader understands the value system and internal language of each team member, meetings are more constructive, team effort is more effective, conflict goes down, and productivity goes up.
- Customer Service – It’s how you interact – at all times – with people your company comes into contact with. It’s how you provide service or products. It’s how you follow up with prospects. It’s how you treat people in general. And it’s how you solve problems that your customers have. You’ll serve and follow up with your customers more effectively when you understand how they operate and their particular form of currency (the medium of verbal or intellectual expression).
- Marketing and Advertising – When you understand your ideal client intimately, it’s much easier to market and advertise to that persona. Maybe your ideal client has a specific BANKCODE, and you need to write your collateral materials (website, presentation, emails, job listings, advertisements, etc.) to appeal to that code. And when you understand that we’re all some mixture of all four codes, you need to make sure that all four codes – all four languages – are represented.
- Teaching – Imagine the power of students understanding the value of their unique nature, as well as the uniqueness of others. If each “type” of person is valued, not one more so than another, then confidence, teamwork, effectiveness goes up, while bullying, lack of self-esteem, and conflict goes down.
- Employee Engagement – People truly are an organization’s greatest resource. People are the ones who solve problems, create solutions, make things happen. You might have a great product or service, but it’s the people who bring life to your company. If you value each and every one of them, AND connect with them through the way they see the world, they’re more likely to be more engaged, productive, and high-performing.
You can try B.A.N.K. for yourself and crack your own code. Then, you’re on your way to collecting more Yeses and closing more sales.
And truly making a difference.
By the way, I am a Nurturing – Blueprint – Action – Knowledge. Crack your own code by clicking the button below to see what your code is.