Congratulations on signing up for
The 2-Day Creating Content and Writing Retreat!
You’re committing to your business and to yourself. You’re proclaiming to the world that your content is worth working on – so that you can share it with the people who need it.
Here is what you get:
- Training to help you solidify your brand, clarify your message, and find the powerful words to convey it.
- Hot seat coaching to get you past any content or writing roadblocks.
- Fun exercises to open up your creativity and unlock that deeper, soulful message.
- The Ready, Set, Write From Your Soul Toolbox in a handy, portable printed version so you can easily refer to it… during the weekend and far beyond.
- Group support and feedback – so that you aren’t creating content in a vacuum or isolation.
- Lodging Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights (yes, lodging is included in the registration fee!)
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and happy snacks to keep you energized and motivated throughout the weekend. Most food is prepared fresh, and as much of it is as organic as possible.
- Special goodies to celebrate your commitment to your content, to your business, and to you.
- Wine and cheese reception at the end of the retreat to celebrate all you’ve accomplished.
- Time and space to create luxuriously (and maybe even take time for yourself… a foreign concept for some of us, I know!)
- Opportunity to book a massage (additional fee) with a licensed massage therapist.
- And, of course, the main reason you’re coming to this 2-Day Creating Content and Writing Retreat…. big blocks of focused, manageable time to work on your project.
BONUS: 45-minute Strategy Session with me to use before or after the 2-Day Writing Retreat… use it before the retreat to get clear on what you’ll be working on and how to use your time most effectively. Use it after the retreat to continue the momentum created during these powerful two days. Your choice!
Here is what you need to know:
DATES: Sunday, April 23, through Wednesday, April 26. **Arrival Sunday, April 23, after 4:30pm, and departure on Wednesday, April 26, by 11:00am.
TIMES: Sunday: 7:00pm-9:00pm; Monday: 9:00am to 5:00pm; Tuesday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
LOCATION: Antrim 1844 Country House Hotel (only 60 to 90 minutes or fewer from the 3 major airports in the Washington, D.C./Baltimore metro area)
ADDRESS: 30 Trevanion Road Taneytown, Maryland, 21787
WINE AND CHEESE RECEPTION: Tuesday, April 25 at 5:00pm
Your registration fee includes dinner Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights; lunch on Monday and Tuesday; and breakfast on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. (And there will be happy, healthy – and perhaps a few mildly unhealthy – snacks, too!)
What you want to bring:
- All the materials for your project (all those little pieces of papers with notes, documents, research, etc.)
- Reference materials
- Your favorite way to write (paper and favorite pen, laptop, iPad, sketch pad, markers, etc.)
- Oracle card deck (if you’re into that sort of thing!) for intention setting or inspiration
- Comfort items to make you happy (think slippers, your comfy throw, a pillow for your chair, your stuffed teddy bear…)
If you’re not local, here’s some helpful travel information. I recommend you arrive in the area by no later than noon or midafternoon of Sunday, October 30, so that you’re ready to start with dinner, get-to-know-you exercises, and a creative workshop to get things moving. And then have a restful night’s sleep for our full retreat day starting Monday morning. And if your schedule allows it, stay a couple of extra days to really get a feel for historic Gettysburg, or even Washington D.C.
Taneytown, Maryland, is about 60-90 minutes from the three airports that service our area. BWI is the closest airport, followed by Washington National Airport, and then Dulles.
All three airports are serviced by the major car rental companies, as well as Super Shuttle and local taxis.
Beltway 695 to Exit 19, 795 North. Exit onto Route 140 West. Go through Westminster to Taneytown traffic circle. Continue on Route 140 by turning right from the circle. Follow approximately 1 mile into Taneytown. Just beyond Sheetz gas station, turn left on Trevanion Road. Proceed 150 feet and turn right at the first set of brick pillars.
Beltway 495 to I-270 West toward Frederick. Take Route 15 North toward Gettysburg. Go to Route 140 East toward Taneytown. In Taneytown, go through the stoplight and over the railroad tracks. In 1/8 mile the road splits; bear right on Trevanion Road. Proceed 150 feet and turn right at the first set of brick pillars.
Fall in mid-Atlantic is stunning, and all the more reason to come to Maryland! We generally see highs in the 50s to 60s during this time of year. As we get closer, you’ll want to check out the 10-day weather forecast for Taneytown.
Get ready for an amazing two+ days!!!